Subject: Re: Winmodem with a laptop Fujitsu Siemens
From: Marvin Stodolsky <stodolsk@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 15:15:34 +0000

Francois

> modprobe ltmodem
> ltmodem               276996   0  (unused)
> ltmodem568            453168   0  [ltmodem]
The problem may simple be that ltmodem568 should be permanantly:
  rmmod ltmodem568
You forget to rmmod after the preliminary test and its being used  in
preference to the version-matched ltmodem.o.
Take care of that and let us know if there is still a problem.

Make sure your kppp script is calling /dev/ttyLT0

MarvS

> Massonneau wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I 'm running Mandrake 7.1 and I upgraded one month ago the kernel to
> run now 2.2.18.
> I downloaded the file ltmodem-5.78e.tar.gz and read the 1st-read
> file. I did not understand everything as english is not my native
> language and I don't speak english very well, but I understood good
> pieces of that file.
> I run the ./build_module file, then ./ltinst.
> I guess it works, because when I fire up kppp, I see a CONNECT 44000
> v42bis, but suddenly, I have a message telling me the daemon died
> inexpectingly (?) and the following ones :
> Feb 25 13:55:52 earlene pppd[1867]: By default the remote system is required to authenticate
itself
> Feb 25 13:55:52 earlene pppd[1867]: (because this system has a default route to the
internet)
> Feb 25 13:55:52 earlene pppd[1867]: but I couldn't find any suitable secret (password)
for it to use to do so.