Subject: How To Do Working A HSF Conexant Modem Under Linux.
From: "Fernando Quijada V." <fqv3@lanix.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:17:07 -0700

 Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:17:07 -0700
Hello All...

I do this:
-*- First, you must download the Olitec drivers for Conexant HSF modem.
Install it, sorry for english guys but the page is in french, and my english
is too poor for doing a good traduction. Here's the direct address to
download the driver: http://olitec.com/pci56kv2.html
-*- The second way, is to search the vendor ID of your modem under
Windows(very bad thing). When you find this, it's something like this:
PCI\VEN 14F1&DEV 2014&SUBSYS 15401048&REV 01 Please note, that we don't use
the revision "&REV1" for the next step.
 -*- Put this vendor ID in the configuration file of the driver, this file
is named "lin hsf.inf", respecting the syntax. Here's the syntax: %HSFModem%
= ModemX, PCI\VEN 14F1&DEV 2014&SUBSYS 15401048 -*- Now you can load the
driver by launching "ins all", simply in shell with "./ins all". Warning,
you have to do this every time you launch Linux !!!
But when I want to detect the modem not found, Dial-UP conecttion...

Best Regards...