Subject: Who has interest in a 3COM linmodem?
From: "Clark Steed" <linmodem-3com@new-n-used.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 08:50:36 -0600

Hello,

I am a winmodem engineer for 3COM in Salt Lake City.  I work on the team
that designs MiniPCI combo products(modem and LAN) for notebook and other
small form factor computers.  We are interested in developing a linux driver
but wanted to find out what kind of interest there is currently for this
driver.  Please keep in mind that this driver would be for 3COM MiniPCI (and
possibly cardbus) combo products and would not work with other 3COM
winmodems with out a substantial rewrite of the code.  Our plans would be to
provide a .o file much like the lucent driver.

Please send me email at linmodem@new-n-used.com if you would like to see
such a driver.

P.S.  Those of you trying to get the lucent driver to work with a 3COM modem
stop wasting your time.  It will never work, the DSPs have different
instruction sets (not to mention that everything else is completely
different).

Clark Steed
3Com MiniPCI combo team