Subject: Re: Lucent DSP controller tech docs?
From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 20:32:17 -0400 (EDT)

On 22 Apr 1999, Russell Nelson wrote:
> Jeff Garzik writes:
>  > There seem to be quite a few files regarding the DSP16xx chipset on
>  > Lucent's site at http://www.lucent.com/micro/dsp/tdoc/Files/tk_notes.html

>  > Would this apply to their winmodem DSP164x chips?

> It seems like it would.  Have you tried accessing the chip's I/O
> locations?

Not yet, just bought my Lucent card today :)  But that doc section
seemed pretty promising, and even included some sample asm code.  I
couldn't find anything on the codec that is referenced on Lucent's
site.

As an aside, I had considered researching the NT kernel mode driver
API, and seeing how difficult it would be to implement under Linux (as
a userland process, surely...)  It would be great to simply have an
emulator use LTMODEM.SYS and be done with it.  :)

	Jeff