Subject: An idea using emulation
From: Dean Beeler <canadacow@softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:51:47 -0400

Hey, this may be just a shot in the dark, but I think this has a
possiblity.  Perhaps there are better ways of doing this, but I have
found that if I use DOSEmu to monitor the ports where my U.S. Robotics
33.6K Winmodem are located, I can, of course, trap the port accesses.
My idea is that this could be used as a start to reverse engineer the
U.S. Robotic's DSP, am I correct?  Another "emulation" observation is
that using Wine, I am able to correctly load the WinModem driver files,
unfortuanetly, there lacks any way to communicate to the drivers so
simply loading them is worthless, but it this too, is a start, I
believe.

I just recently joined the discussion group and I am not aware as to how
much this has been discussed so feel free to quickly shoot down any of
my ideas.

Dean