Subject: Re: An idea using emulation
From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:55:04 -0400 (EDT)

On 23 Apr 1999, Russell Nelson wrote:
> A winmodem driver has three chunks of code in it:
>   o a codec driver.
>   o a modem driver.
>   o an AT command set driver.

The tech notes on Lucent's site contain lots of sample code and tech
docs, which, according to a recent message from ed@lucent to this list,
pertain to the winmodem chipsets (Lucent DSP164x DSP, CSP1034AH codec).
Among the tech docs on their site, I found

"Configuring CSP1027 codec through DSP16xx device" and
"DSP1620 Programmer's Reference Guide"

There is also boot code for a DSP1620 in one of the zip files.

I still haven't poked any of the ports on my Lucent card yet, but you
can get a pretty good idea of things from these tech docs I think, and
fill in specifics, like port addresses, from the PCI configuration info
or the sample code.

	Jeff