Subject: Re: sandbox program idea
From: Dale Mahalko <mahalkdp@knight.cvfn.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 17:20:53 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Adrian Godwin wrote:

> I know nothing about Windows drivers ...  what's the interface between a
> VxD and the OS ? Can we take a winmodem VxD and list out the hooks it
> uses, just to see the scale of the problem ?

Download the Windmodem drivers to a Windoze box, then right-click on
the DLL and choose QuickView. It will give you all sorts of technical
info on the file. I would simply email the info, but QuickView is so
braindead it offers no way to cut and paste the textual info.

Quickview works on DLL's and EXE's. It appears possible to get it to
work on a DRV and VXD by temporarily changing the file extension to
DLL/EXE, though I make no guarantees of the correctness of the
information obtained this way.

-Dale