Subject: Re: WinSand
From: Dale Mahalko <mahalkdp@knight.cvfn.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 00:23:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Dean Beeler wrote:

> 1. It could potentially hit several birds with one stone.  If done
> correctly, we could
> immediately support several WinModems instead of just one at a time as
> we hacked out specs.

Or you could "work up" to support more than one, since all expect
pretty much the same enivironment anyway. Each WinModem is likely to
want a common base so you first just focus on getting one single
brand of WinModem working. Once you've done that, you should only
have a few minor additions to make to support many others.

> Ok... enough of trying to convince people I have a good idea.  If we
> just keep talking we'll just end up with a lot of conversation and no
> LinModems.

Feh, when I speak for myself, I'm merely a spectator here since I know
neither Windows or unix programming. But I do add my support for those
like you who do know enough to do something about it. Go for it! :)

-Dale