Subject: Re: Discussion group information.
From: Sachin Khadilkar <linuxman@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 19:11:35 PDT

Hi,
I am ready to help. I can also spare some time for 2 weeks.

Here is my profile :

Computer :
Pentium 166 Mhz , 64MB Ram, Win 98 and RH Linux 5.2 .

Programming :
Can code in C, C++, Java etc. on both Unix and Windows. Have been doing it
for quite a while now.

Just send me some starting stuff folks and I can work on it even afterhours,
I just need a starting point :-)

I have been looking into doing this for some time myself, but did not know
where to start. You have done a great job by atleast sending this mail.

By the way do we just load the VxD into memory and then hook into it to make
calls too the various functions within the VxD ?
Does anyone know the VxD format? is it a Microsoft PE format file?

BTW I will start reading the stuff about MS Win98 DDK, which might explain
what the VxD format is and how to go about interpreting it.

I was looking at some stuff when i ran the VxDmon program from
http://www.sysinternals.com
looks pretty good it actually tells you what the function calls were like.
It really helps.

Thanx
- Sachin