Subject: Re: Response
From: Mike Andrews <mandrews@termfrost.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 12:35:30 -0400 (EDT)

Would it make things any easier/harder to write a shim for NT WDM drivers
instead of for VxD's?  My understanding is that VxD's don't work on NT
(unless they've added that to Windows 2000) but NT drivers now (partially)
work on Windows 98...

Since eventually everything will be heading that way, and since at least
Lucent and 3Com winmodems have NT drivers (not sure about
Rockwell/Conexant or PCtel) it might be a better way to go in the long
run.

On the other hand, I've never written a device driver for either platform
myself...  or if any of the VxD snoopers mentioned already can handle WDM
drivers too...

If it helps, 3com even has a Windows 3.1 driver for their Winmodems :)
(Probably implemented as a VxD)

Mike Andrews (icq 6602506) -- VP & Sysadmin, Digital Crescent, Frankfort KY
mandrews@dcr.net -=- http://www.termfrost.org --=-=-- "A computer without a
Microsoft operating system is like a dog without a brick tied to its head."