Subject: Re: You have to start somewhere....
From: "Sachin Khadilkar" <linuxman@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 17:18:43 -0700

Good Job Dean,

You atleast made a head start.

Well here is my contribution :

There is a utility provided by Vireo software called VxDView to see what all
VxD's on a Windows95/98 box.
It is a utility provided by them as a compliment to their software which
lets one write VxD's in C/C++.
There is also a couple of other utilities there, like Monitor etc. Maybe we
can use the VxDview sometime in future to see if our VxD is loaded properly.

FYI, i got VxDView to actually work in Linux using Wine.
here is the url :
http://www.vireo.com/drivercentral/utilfiles/util.shtml

Also there is a VxDMon utilitility at http://www.sysinternals.com.

Now i have some questions :

1) How did u print the info in the file unimodem.txt ? i mean just running
ur winsand with my own VxD does not produce so much info.

2) Also the VxDmon utility at sysinternals uses the CreateFile API to
actually load the VxD it uses to monitor other VxD's, i still dont know how.

3) on my linux box, i dont get a VendorId for my LU 56k PCI modem using cat
/proc/pci  how do people do that?

Regards
- Sachin