Subject: Re: new
From: Juergen Leising <a0037@stud.uni-bayreuth.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 13:36:25 +0200

On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 09:03:00PM -0400, Chris wrote:

> ViP is the only way you can add DOS support to a Winmodem or other
> Windows-only communication device under Win 95/98.
> TurboCom ViP is patented software which is incorporated into many
> Winmodem-type devices. And now it's available in a demo version.
>
> http://www.pacificcommware.com/vip.html

hmm, taken from the faq located there:

Will ViP allow me to access a software modem with a
DOS application running under native DOS?
                    No, ViP is a Win 95/98 utility. A DOS application must be
                    running under Win 9x in order for ViP to do its job. When
                    you open a DOS box under Windows 9x, ViP lets DOS
                    applications run on  non-UART-based devices.

So I cannot initialize my lucent dsp1645 under DOS and then jump into linux
via loadlin...but anyway...

--
* Juergen Leising; email: juergen.leising@stud.uni-bayreuth.de *
*          http://www.stud.uni-bayreuth.de/~a0037/             *