Subject: Re: Non-winmodems
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 10 Jun 1999 19:37:22 -0000

junhua@cs.nyu.edu writes:
 > Finally I gave up the idea of waiting for the linux driver of winmodems,
 > and got a Non-Winmodem from Diamond Multimedia, Inc.

If that's why you're here, go away.  You're just wasting your time.
I have no intention of turning a winmodem into a modem.  It's a
telephony interface device, nothing more.  On the other hand, a
winmodem makes a much cheaper single-line telephony interface than
anything labelled "Computer Telephony".

--
Crynwr supports Open Source(tm) Software| PGPok | Good parenting creates
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | an adult, not a perfect